Start your own online fundraiser for Providence Healthcare!
Online Fundraising for Providence
Start your own online fundraiser for Providence Healthcare
Want to start an online fundraiser in support of Providence Healthcare, but don’t know how? We’re here to help you, help us!
We have created a one-stop-shop for everything you need to get you started to build your own online fundraiser.
Since 1987, Providence Healthcare Foundation has worked with generous donors and the community to raise essential funds for Providence Healthcare, a leader in providing rehabilitation, palliative care, long-term care and community programs in Toronto. Within our care, adults of all ages rehabilitate after strokes, orthopedic surgery, lower limb amputations or other complex medical conditions associated with aging.
The Foundation works closely with our community and dedicated volunteers to fundraise for Providence through donations, signature fundraising events, community fundraisers, inspiring philanthropic groups, and supporters, like YOU!
Follow us on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Start your own online fundraiser for Providence
What type of online fundraisers can you create?
The world is your oyster! We challenge you to be creative and fundraise for Providence Healthcare in a way that speaks to you. Here are inspiring ideas to get you started:
- Online Fundraiser: Start your own personal fundraising webpage to raise money for Providence. You can support a specific area within Providence that is meaningful to you or direct your efforts to our area of greatest need. Departments include: Rehabilitation Hospital, Adult Day Program, Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence, or the Palliative Care Program. Do you have a personal story or reason for fundraising for Providence? This is a great start. You can use this as the driver for raising money and compel those within your network to donate as well.
- Youth Ambassador Program: Students at any age, from elementary school, high school or even college or university can make a difference in the lives of the patients and residents in our care at Providence Healthcare. You can encourage your friends, teachers, family and peers to donate to support Providence through an online fundraiser. Check out our new, free lesson plan on Canadian Healthcare and Empathy for schools and teachers!
- Virtual Run or Walk: Setup your own virtual run or walk program and encourage your friends and family to support you by raising much-needed funds for Providence.
- Virtual Tournament: Pick your favorite board game and organize a virtual tournament in support of Providence. Raise money for a great cause and have fun while doing it!
- Milestones: Do you feel like you’re the type of person who has everything? Prefer to give back to help others instead of receiving another pair of pajamas for your birthday? Instead of gifts for the next celebration in your life, whether it be a birthday, anniversary or another special milestone, ask friends and family to support your fundraising efforts through your personal fundraising webpage.
How to get started?
- Step 1 – It’s easy to setup your own fundraising page!
- Simply visit CrowdChange and follow the steps outlined.
- Need some help? Email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to walk you through the steps or even create the page for you.
- Step 2 – Share your reason why.
- Personalize your page with your own photos, videos and story about why you’re fundraising for Providence.
- This will help people understand why you’re supporting Providence and why they should as well.
- Step 3 – Start fundraising.
- Send emails, post on social media and tag @MyProvidenceTO, ask friends and family to help spread the word.
- Creating the fundraising page is half the battle. In order to get people to donate, you need to show them how.
Handy Online Fundraising Toolkit
We've created a one-stop-shop toolkit so you can launch your online fundraiser for Providence stress-free! Check out the handy links below.
- Video: How To Start Your Online Providence Fundraiser - Learn how easy it is to start your own online fundraiser in support of Providence Healthcare.
- Infographic: All About Providence - This infographic explains who Providence Healthcare is and why fundraising is essential for our patients, residents and clients.
- Email Templates - Spread the word about your online fundraiser to family and friends.
- Social Media Post Templates - Encourage your friends and colleagues to like and share your online fundraiser on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and more.
- [New] Healthcare and Empathy Lesson Plan for Schools and Teachers - This is a sample lesson plan from Providence Healthcare Foundation for Grades 1 to 8. The lesson plan focuses on Canadian healthcare and empathy, along with fun class activities for your students.
You can access the lesson plan here and corresponding presentation slides here. Please modify the lesson as needed to fit the needs of your grade level and class.
If you’re a school or a teacher and are interested in using this lesson plan or if you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.