Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence
The Cardinal Ambrozic Houses of Providence is our long-term care home. In the Houses, we deliver quality, safety and comfort through:
- 24/7 nursing and personal care
- A team of Interprofessional health care specialists (including registered nurses, registered practical nurses, resident assistants, physicians, physiotherapists, activation assistants, a social worker, dietitian, chaplains, pharmacist and volunteer coordinator)
- Regular rounds by attending physicians
- Access to onsite health care services (fees may apply for some services)
- Delicious dining with menus created by an Executive Chef
- Comfortable bedrooms with large windows
- Modern living areas including a café
- On-site hair salon / barber shop
- A park-like setting
The Houses of Providence is located at the north end of our property. Follow the orange ‘HOUSES’ sign along the drive to get to the Houses’ entrance. There are ‘Pay and Display’ ticket machines available as well as options for monthly passes.
Our Spiritual and Religious Care team supports people of all faiths. Our designation as a Catholic long-term care home ensures residents can celebrate and uphold Catholic traditions and rituals through:
- Daily Mass in a newly-remodelled chapel
- Opportunities to receive the Sacrements
- Celebrations of Christmas and Easter
- Access to on-site priest and chaplain
We often hear from our residents, “There’s always something going on at the Houses.” Our monthly activation calendar (for October) is packed with events, outings and opportunities for socializing. We love holidays like Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day and we celebrate in great style.
Activity rooms are organized to encourage residents to participate in favourite past-times and learn new crafts. There’s an on-site library, a music room and gardening areas, often staffed with welcoming volunteers.
Keeping active is important. Our care team uses a special software program to track resident participation so that families are aware of activity levels and participation.
Quality in Action
Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our 288 residents. Our House – Working Together to Achieve Quality is a framework that brings best practices to our care delivery. For example, through our Falling Star program, our focus is on keeping residents safe by reducing and preventing resident falls. Our management team monitors and reviews quality indicators regularly to ensure we meet or exceed the Ontario average for long-term care.
There are many ways for residents and families to stay informed.
- Resident Guidebook – for residents and families new to the Houses
- Residents’ Council – keeps residents informed and involved
- Family Council – a forum for families to share ideas
- Around the Houses – a regular newsletter written for residents, by residents
- Providence Healthcare Publications – keeping residents and families up-to-date
- Satisfaction Surveys – helping us to continually improve
Ontario’s Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) coordinate all new admissions for long-term care. Find your local CCAC online or by calling 310-2222 (CCAC).
For more info:
- Take our online Photo Tour
- Book your tour of the Houses by calling 416-285-3666 x4433.
- Visit our Scotiabank Learning Centre (Providence Hospital, B156/157) to research options in the community and at Providence, such as our Adult Day Program for clients with dementia living in the community.
- Contact your CCAC to book an assessment for admission to long-term care or other services. The representative assigned to your case will help you with the necessary forms and explain the wait list process.