Scotiabank Learning Centre
The Scotiabank Learning Centre extends its reach to families coping with other illnesses and chronic conditions such as diabetes, stroke, heart disease, dementia, arthritis and Parkinson’s.
The space is organized into a variety of zones:
- Computer workstations to search the Internet
- Meeting table for support groups and education forums for caregivers
- Media centre and leisure space with a 52 inch flat screen TV, a Nintendo Wii inter-active video game for leisure or rehab play
- Play area for visiting children
- Outdoor garden
The Centre also offers several group education sessions such as Living with Stroke, Living with Stroke and Aphasia, and the following Stanford University created self-management programs:
- Diabetes Self-Management Program
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Chronic Pain Self-Management Program
All services are free of charge. To register for one of these programs, call our Hotline at 416-285-3810 to leave a message. Your call will be returned within 24 hours.
Caregiver Support Groups
The Scotiabank Learning Centre holds three monthly support groups. Group meetings consist of ’round table’ discussions on topics relating to dementia and caregiving. Participants enjoy meeting new friends and sharing their thoughts, ideas and helpful hints for caring for someone with dementia.
Visit our events calendar for upcoming sessions or phone 416-285-3666 ext. 4177 for more information.
Community Education Services
Diabetes Education Community Network of East Toronto (DECNET) provides on-site monthly education sessions. For more information contact 416-469-6580, ext. 6294.
Scotiabank Learning Centre Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
For more information on the Centre and/or to make an appointment, call 416-285-3666, ext. 4177.