Managing time can be especially difficult for caregivers of people with dementia. In recognition of a need for respite care, Providence Healthcare offers a unique Adult Day Program (ADP) that provides flexible hours, caregiver relief and meaningful activity for individuals with moderate to severe dementia.
Located in a custom-designed space within Providence, we provide family and client-centric service in a warm and caring environment 24 hours a day, Monday to Friday and Saturday during the day.
Our home-like environment offers:
- A living and dining area with chandeliers and a baby grand piano for singing, dancing, creating and revitalizing old hobbies and skills
- Six individual overnight suites that are equipped with a computer, flat screen television, comfortable bed and desk (suites are also available during the day)
- Two secure outdoor gardens for parties, activities, relaxation and/or enjoying a game of chess on our life-size board
- A den and sensory suite
Our program features therapeutic and meaningful recreational activities that are offered throughout the day, evening and overnight.
The program can accommodate clients who require:
- A mechanical lift for transfers
- Special diets
- Meal assistance
- Medication reminders
- Personal care
Around the Clock Care
Caregivers are encouraged to choose one or a combination of ‘Clubs’ for their family member. For example, Club members may attend Monday overnight, Wednesday evening and Saturday daytime.
Lunch Club: Monday-Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Club members enjoy a full hot lunch and a variety of therapeutic activities.
Dinner Club: Monday-Friday: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Club members enjoy a relaxing dinner and recreational activities in the evenings.
Breakfast Club: Monday-Friday: 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
The Breakfast Club offers overnight service for individuals based on varied needs. This program also offers meal service and creative activities.
Club members may also access Providence Healthcare’s Outpatient Clinics and other services, such as the beauty salon.
- Anyone living in the community, in the GTA, with an irreversible dementia can attend the Adult Day Program.
- Anyone can make a referral.
- Transportation options are reviewed at the time of assessment.
- The program costs $20 per club, includes a full hot meal, and up to 10 hours of care.
- A combination tour and assessment is required prior to starting services so that we may provide the best possible care for our Club members.
- Clients may schedule a combination of Clubs, with flexible hours.
- Clients may attend up to three clubs per week. Clients may schedule a combination of days, evenings or overnights. Flexible hours allow clients to carry over into other clubs.
- Caregivers have access to and can benefit from our caregiver education and support.
For more information on location, times and/or to register, phone 416-285-3803.