In recognition of a need for respite care, Providence offers a unique Adult Day Program (ADP) that provides flexible hours, caregiver relief and meaningful activity for individuals with moderate to severe dementia.
Located in a custom-designed space within Providence, we provide family and client-centric service in a warm and caring environment.
Our home-like environment offers:
- A living and dining area with chandeliers and a baby grand piano for singing, dancing, creating and revitalizing old hobbies and skills
- Six individual overnight suites that are equipped with a computer, flat screen television, comfortable bed and desk (suites are also available during the day)
- Two secure outdoor gardens for parties, activities, relaxation and/or enjoying a game of chess on our life-size board
- A den and sensory suite
Our program features therapeutic and meaningful recreational activities that are offered throughout the day, evening and overnight.
The program can accommodate clients who require:
- A mechanical lift for transfers
- Special diets
- Meal assistance
- Medication reminders
- Personal care
Around the Clock Care
Caregivers are encouraged to choose one or a combination of ‘Clubs’ for their family member. For example, Club members may attend Monday overnight, Wednesday evening and Saturday daytime.
Monday-Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Club members enjoy a full hot lunch and a variety of therapeutic activities.
Club members and caregivers may also have access to various Providence Clinics.
Monday-Saturday: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Club members enjoy a relaxing dinner and recreational activities in the evenings.
Monday-Friday: 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
The Breakfast Club offers overnight service for individuals based on varied needs.
This program also offers meal service and creative activities.
Club members may also access Providence Healthcare’s Outpatient Clinics and other services, such as the beauty salon.
- Anyone living in the Greater Toronto Area with an irreversible dementia can attend the Adult Day Program. Anyone can make a referral.
- Transportation options are reviewed at the time of assessment.
- For a nominal fee, club members receive a full hot meal along with up to 10 hours of care.
- A combination tour and assessment is required prior to starting services so that we may provide the best possible care for our Club members.
- Clients may attend up to three clubs per week. Clients may schedule a combination of days, evenings or overnights. Flexible hours allow clients to carry over into other clubs.
- Caregivers have access to and can benefit from our caregiver education and support offered through the Scotiabank Learning Centre.
For more information on our Adult Day Program and/or to register, phone 416-285-3803.