Creating dried flower arrangements
in the RBC Veranda, part of the
relocated Adult Day Program.
Managing time can be especially difficult for family caregivers of people with an irreversible dementia.
In recognition of a need for respite care, Providence Healthcare offers a unique Adult Day Program. This home-like and social program offers flexible hours, caregiver relief and meaningful activity for individuals with a moderate to severe dementia.
We provide family and client-centred service in a warm and caring environment 24 hours a day Monday to Friday, and Saturday during the day.
Located in a designated space within Providence Healthcare, our home-like environment offers:
- a living and dining area – with chandeliers and a baby grand piano – for singing, dancing, creating and revitalizing old hobbies and skills
- six individual overnight suites for relaxing – also available during the day or evening – and each is equipped with a computer, flat screen television, comfortable bed and desk
- two secure outdoor gardens for parties, activities, relaxation or enjoying a game of chess on our life size board
Caregivers are encouraged to choose one or a combination of ‘Clubs’ for their family member. For example, Club members may attend Monday overnight, Wednesday evening and Saturday daytime.
The Lunch Club: Monday-Saturday: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Club members enjoy a full hot lunch and a variety of therapeutic activities.
The Dinner Club: Monday-Friday: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Club members enjoy a relaxing dinner and recreational activities in the evenings.
The Breakfast Club: Monday-Friday: 11 p.m. – 7 a.m.
The Breakfast Club offers overnight service for individuals based on varied needs. This program also offers meal service and creative activities.
Club members may also access Providence Healthcare’s Outpatient Clinics and other services, such as the beauty salon.
- Anyone living in the community, in the GTA, with an irreversible dementia can attend the Adult Day Program.
- Anyone can make a referral.
- We can accommodate clients who require a mechanical lift for transfers, special diets, meal assistance and personal care.
- Transportation options are reviewed at the time of assessment.
- The program costs $20 per club, includes a full hot meal, and up to 10 hours of care.
- A combination tour and assessment is required prior to starting services so that we may provide the best possible care for our Club members.
- Clients may schedule a combination of Clubs, with flexible hours.
- Clients may attend up to three clubs per week. Clients may schedule a combination of days, evenings or overnights. Flexible hours allow clients to carry over into other clubs.
Download the most recent version of the Adult Day Program brochure by clicking HERE.
For more information or to book an assessment call: 416-285-3803.