2nd floor of Providence Hospital
Open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open to everyone, we provide personal service in a comfortable environment. Conveniently located in Providence Hospital (enter through our main entrance), we are the first hospital in Canada to implement the Beacon® Inventory Management System, a state-of-the-art automation and bar code technology system.
Our Pharmacist Sean Chai-Chong and Pharmacy Technician Ben Choi will be on hand to assist with any prescriptions you need filled for yourself or your family, providing consultations on medication reviews as needed.
In addition, we carry competitively priced non-prescription items and offer the annual flu shot.
We Offer Flu Shots
Our Pharmacy team is happy to assist you with your medication needs while providing you with personal service. We take the time to:
- Review all medications with you and your family to ensure you are comfortable with them when you return home.
- Send a copy of your discharge plan (if you’re a Hospital patient) to your family doctor and the pharmacy of your choice to make your transition of care as seamless as possible.
- Order in any non-prescription items like vitamins or supplements that you need if not in stock (available the next day).
We also carry compression stockings.
We are available to the public to provide medication reviews. This service is offered by appointment. Call us at 416-285-3805 and we will be happy to schedule an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the retail pharmacy located?We are located in Providence Hospital at the entrance to B Wing on the second floor.
- Who do we serve?We are open to everyone (staff, volunteers, patients, residents, clients, visitors and the public).
- What’s unique about Providence’s pharmacy?Our pharmacy uses state-of-the-art automation and bar code technology to improve safety and efficiency. Human errors are reduced significantly compared to traditional pharmacies.
- Can I have my doctor’s office phone in a prescription?Yes, we accept verbal prescriptions from your physician.
- Can I transfer my prescriptions to Providence’s pharmacy?Yes. We will need the name and phone number for your current pharmacy and we can have you prescriptions sent to us.
- Do you offer a home delivery service?Not at this time.
- Where can I park to drop off or pick up prescriptions?There are metred parking spaces available in front of Providence Hospital’s main entrance.